Thor Urbana provides its investors with superior risk-adjusted returns by developing and acquiring underperforming or undervalued retail, hotel and mixed-use properties located in Metropolitan Mexico City and other major Mexican urban centers.
In executing on its strategy, Thor Urbana:
- Focuses on urban markets with high population density and significant barriers to entry
- Seeks investments with repositioning/remerchandising opportunities
- Targets poorly managed and inadequately maintained family-owned assets
- Capitalizes on development/redevelopment opportunities
- Implements creative marketing initiatives
- Aggressively manages assets to maximize cash flow
- Utilizes prudent levels of leverage
Insider´s Perspective in Asset Selection
Thor Urbana’s professionals are uniquely experienced in identifying investment opportunities in top urban markets. Having conducted business in multiple urban markets as retailers, and currently providing tenant representation services through affiliated Thor Retail Advisors, the company lends valuable insight into retail location selection from the tenant’s perspective, very often identifying investment opportunities other investors will miss.
Ground-up and Redevelopment Opportunities
Thor Urbana pursues ground-up retail, office and mixed-use development projects while simultaneously seeking opportunities to invest in existing properties that would benefit from expansion, physical improvements or changes in use. Thor Urbana’s in-house development and construction team has over 150 years of combined work experience at such firms as GFa, Thor Equities, Vornado, Jones Lang LaSalle, GICSA, MIRA.
A project’s ultimate success is often determined by envisioning and effecting alternative uses, by generating a sense of excitement and “place,” and by proactively marketing a project both within its community and to a broader customer base. Thor Urbana’s ability to envision a property’s potential is often the deciding factor in setting the acquisition bidding at a level that will ensure success.